Saturday, May 17, 2008

Quoth the raven: Duck you sucker!

I find that a nice run in the morning helps me reflect on the many learning points of the workshop and process what I need to do for the day ahead. I must give warning, though, to any future newbies that if you wish to do the same, you need to keep an eye out for the large, black birds that dive bomb those who jog in the vicinity of their nests. I’ve felt the air and heard the “whoosh” of the birds passing within an inch of my head twice, so far. Another animal that has made my runs interesting is the jackrabbit. I’ve seen several on the western edge of campus, and nearly tripped over one this morning. I must have spooked the hare, and it in return made the hair on the back of my neck stand up straight when it jumped out from behind a small cluster of weeds at my feet.

No comments: