Thursday, May 15, 2008

No Concept of Time

I have to remind myself that it's Thursday evening. I arrived at Texas Tech on Sunday. The calendar would indicate that four days have gone by, but I could easily be convinced that it's four hours, or just as easily that it has been four weeks. The time has passed so quickly, that I can't believe we're more than halfway through week one, and yet when I stop to think of all that has been packed into the week, and reflect back on given moments, some seem long ago. I interpet this time warp to be a good thing, because the only other periods in my life when time has seemed so fleeting and yet so full, have been when I have had good experiences.

Prior to this workshop, the online courses have been great for acquiring academic knowledge. The May Workshop has introduced me to many more aspects of the doctoral experience and has done much to help me understand what is ahead of me. It's a lot to absorb, but I'm feeling very enriched by it.

No comments: